Regular cleaning of your air conditioning system and maintaining it is necessary. Window air conditioning system has a simple process than other types of air conditioners system. Air conditioning System requires less attention and maintenance as well. However, you can also increase the level of its performance by following just simple steps. When you clean your window air conditioner, it’s performance gets a boost and consumes less energy. All you have to do with a window air conditioner is regularly clean it’s filter, while rest of the tasks can be done once in a year or hire professional air conditioning maintenance and repair service.
Follow the methods as mentioned:
Air conditioner filter Cleaning
- By cleaning your filter the air will flow in a good amount in the room and keep you chill.
- To clean the filter you need to open the front panel first then read all the instruction manual to open the front panel carefully.
- You can vacuum it and then soak it in warm and soapy water.
- Before installing again rinse it off and let it dry completely.
- By cleaning the filter regularly you’ll maintain a healthy and hygienic environment.
- There are two types of fins in the air conditioning system. One is outside and the other one is inside facing you.
- Both these fins easily get dirty by the air pass through these fins, which gets dirty over time, you can clean these fins using running water, dishwashing detergent and a soft brush.
- Uninstall the air conditioning system from the panel cover and take it out, you might need an extra help as the unit is quite heavy.
- Now when you successfully make it outside with the unit, unscrew some of its covers and apply some of the detergents on the fins.
- Pour some water on the fins, you can use a soft brush to clean the fins completely properly.
- Leave the system and allow the unit to dry.
Straighten The Fins
- If you see that the fins are bent, with the help of a fine comb you can straighten it.
- A fin comb is a small comb-like thing, which can be bought from your local store.
- By using this you can straighten the fins of your air conditioner system.
- Remember, these fins are very delicate and sharp as well, use gloves while doing this either it’ll be dangerous for you.
Cleaning Of Fans And Blower Box
- While you’re cleaning the fins, make sure you’re cleaning the fans and blower box properly and thoroughly clean the fan as well.
- Fans rotate at very high speed due to which it gets easily dirty and dust buildup makes the fan look muddy.
- After cleaning let the air conditioner system dry naturally and install it after drying.
- You’ll notice that the fan speed has been increased and cooling is also boosted.
Hiring a professional is the best option for air conditioner maintenance and repair. With years of experience, our Plumbing Masters in Melbourne has made air conditioner maintenance and repair work easy. Our professionals are highly qualified. This work is a bit technical any error can damage the air conditioner components also the electronic section is not waterproof and can malfunction if not cleaned carefully. We suggest our customers to avoid cleaning the air conditioning system on their own rather rely on professionals for better handling of the air conditioner and hassle-free completion of the work.
For more details: How To Maintain A Window Air Conditioner